Let's connect:

Monday, April 13, 2015

LIFE | 10 THINGS IVE LEARNT ABOUT MARRIAGE (SO FAR)


10 Things I've learnt about Marriage (so far):

1. Falling in love is the easiest part... After you've fallen you need to get up and start putting in the work to keep your love exciting, fun and fresh!

2. Respect is EVERYTHING! Respect is the foundation of a strong relationship.

3. Know your role... We both have responsibilities within our household and marriage that we both try to stay on top of to keep our house and relationship running smoothly! Take ownership of your role's... this will help significantly!

4. Being Understanding is so important. Even if you dont understand your spouse and something they are going through sometimes just telling each other you do is better than saying 'oh get over it, its not a big deal' those words can be deadly sometimes. Empathy can go a long way.

5. Communication is KEY! Two people can be in the same relationship and yet see it in two different way's.

6. Always be each others biggest cheer leader and supporter in everything you's do!

7. Marriage is about Team work! 'Alone you can do so little, together you can do so much'

8. Date nights are crucial. Take it in turns to organise it so that you're both contributing and its not the same person always organising your nights out.

9. 'If something's not growing its dead' You's are in this for the long run so it's imperative that you're always pushing each other (not in a nagging, annoying way) but always ask yourselves 'whats our next step' like someone said to me tonight 'everyone has a next step' Keep growing, keep learning, keep falling in love... make it a priority!

10. Make God the centre of your marriage. 'A cord of three strands is not quickly broken'


* * * *


I dont think we'll ever stop learning about marriage. Sometimes it feel's like trial an error. Learning from your mistakes is part of the process. I thank God every morning and night for my Darling Babe. We have been through the highest highs and the lowest lows and yet we're still riding together! We have learnt so much about ourselves and each other and even though we've been together for 7 years I feel like there's still so much we have to learn!

If there's one thing I'm most certain of its that I wouldn't want to live this life and progress through this journey with any other man. I thank you Naia for continuing to love me and for treating me like a queen even when I can sometimes be a handful! lol I have learnt sooooo much about Gods love through your love for me. Thank you Babe!

Xo

Coming up to our 1 year of marriage... a 100 more years to go!
Post a Comment